General Contractor /
Project Cost /
$0M - $250MContact us today
The Harris County 1910 Courthouse – a temple of justice restored
Once described as the “finest temple of justice” in Texas, the Harris County 1910 Courthouse was restored to its original prominence using current building techniques to preserve and improve its structure. The imposing building, with its huge dome and Corinthian columns, had become a top tourist attraction in the area. The newly-renovated facility is equally impressive and far more functional. With the support of the Texas Historical Commission, the administration carried out selective demolition of the interior of the building and supervised the complete rehabilitation of the facility.
The Beaubois team provided and installed custom-made wood furnishings for the two courtrooms, including benches for public seating that were modeled upon the one bench that remained from the old 1910 courthouse. Great attention to detail and extremely accurate drawings were needed to produce replicas of the historical bench.
Beaubois also crafted judges’ benches and other built-in wood furnishings for the two courtrooms. Each piece needed to blend harmoniously with the existing layout and decor of the room. Masters in the art of architectural woodwork, the Beaubois team was thrilled to be a part of this exciting restoration project.